Website hosting

• Flutter of Butterflies Group

How easy is it to design and host your own website with one of those user friendly site builder services or should we just hire someone?

We just hired someone,  so I can't say I have experience with building one.  I'm sure if you are tech savvy you could do it yourself.  

• Administrators

Hello!

Here is the bugger boo about websites that either you build yourself or have someone else build. It MUST and I stress MUST have unique content on it and not something that is provided. Here is an older infographic about Google's rule called PANDA. It is an absolute in Google Terms. Without unique content, SEO will be a fish trying to head upstream in a typhoon.

Google Panda Infographic

To see how much of your website has duplicate content go to www.copyscape.com to check it out. If you DO have extensive duplicate content it is time to start rewriting the verbiage on your website!

Kelly

On 7/3/2022 at 1:29 PM, Kelly said:

Oh wow!  I had no idea that unique content was so important.  I feel like it sounds easy to make sure it is unique but I feel like in this field it may not be so easy without a little guidance.  We are still considering hiring someone.  Do you have any additional tips we should pass along?  

Hello!

Here is the bugger boo about websites that either you build yourself or have someone else build. It MUST and I stress MUST have unique content on it and not something that is provided. Here is an older infographic about Google's rule called PANDA. It is an absolute in Google Terms. Without unique content, SEO will be a fish trying to head upstream in a typhoon.

Google Panda Infographic

To see how much of your website has duplicate content go to www.copyscape.com to check it out. If you DO have extensive duplicate content it is time to start rewriting the verbiage on your website!

Kelly