More videos?

LoveMyPuppers

• Flutter of Butterflies Group

I see a lot more videos on instagram than I did before. Should I be doing that?

• Beyond Indigo Pets Team

It's not just Instagram. Videos are the king of content. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more have started putting a heavy focus on videos. When Tiktok arrived, it changed the game. It was an endless feed of short, fun videos and trends. Instagram wanted a piece of the pie, so they introduced "Reels".

One thing you'll notice with Reels, is that they are often videos downloaded straight from Tiktok. It's easy to cross post if you have a Tiktok account, but a lot of practices just don't have the time to post the amount of content Tiktok requires. Reels are also built this way, but just a bit different. Instagram still focuses a lot on photos, but if you tap on the explore page, you'll see a mix of both videos and photos, with videos taking up more space. For many users, posting only photos is just not enough.

So yes, you should be doing it. Have someone in your practice start taking some fun, behind the scenes videos. Maybe you have a pet mascot. Maybe you have a day full of puppies. People love that! The videos don't even have to be that long (even 15 seconds is enough sometimes). Remember, the more videos the better! (And don' forget to use hashtags so people can discover you!).

• Flutter of Butterflies Group

I see videos all the time on Instagram. It looks like they are just applying what TikTok is doing. Which probably means TikTok is something good to use as well.