Should I just put "veterinarian near me" on my website a bunch of times?

Hill Valley Veterinary

• Flutter of Butterflies Group

in title

• Beyond Indigo Pets Team

Thank you Hill Valley for reaching out. 

Ranking for 'veterinarian near me' in search results is smart for a local business but requires a few first steps. The following advice is based on SEO theory that you can test out. 

1) Claim your Google Business Profile. Google Business Profiles requires key information that is relevant to 'near me' searches such as maps, directions, services, and contact information. Google likes this!

2) Create Mobile-Friendly Website. Mobile users account for a high percentage of searchers using Google. This is especially true for  "near me" keywords when a person is on the go searching for the nearest location of a business on their phone or tablet. Creating a mobile-friendly website that accommodates Google's mobile users is a must and Google will reward your website for making their users happy. 

3) Add Relevant Content. Yes! Adding the keyword 'veterinarian near me' is okay to include on your web pages (but no keyword stuffing). When crafting content for your website make sure the content supports E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness). Only include certain keywords such 'veterinarian near me' if it provides value to the content and reads naturally. 

• Flutter of Butterflies Group

How do I find out if I am number 1 or most visible spot for "vet near me"?

• Beyond Indigo Pets Team

This is a tricky one to answer since there are so many variables taken into consideration when a search engine chooses its results page. One of the big ones will be your location, so if your practice is in one city and you live 20 miles away, you are likely going to see different results in each location. 

Because of this, we recommend using a tool that lets you hone in on the areas you are targeting. We use SEMrush a lot and they give us great insight into how we rank for various keywords.