Effective date: June 21, 2022
Kelasan, a Minnesota corporation, maintains this Policy to keep you informed about the information we may collect from you, or that you may provide to us when you interact with the Site (defined below) or our Services (defined below), how we use and share that information, and your options with regard to our use of that information.
SCOPE OF THE POLICY
This Policy applies to information collected through our website on which the Policy is posted, www.vetmarketingtalk.com product or service that displays or links to this Policy (collectively, the “Site”), used to deliver our interactive forums and content (the “Services”).
THIS POLICY IS PART OF OUR TERMS OF SERVICE
This Policy is part of the Terms of Service that govern your use of this Site. Please take a few minutes to review this Policy and the Terms of Service to familiarize yourself with our practices and your obligations when using this Site and our Services. Your use of this Site constitutes consent to be governed by the Terms of Service and this Policy.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We review our privacy practices from time to time, which are subject to change. We ask that you periodically review this page to remain familiar with the most current version of our Policy. Information collected after the posted effective date will be treated in accordance with the then most current Policy. When this Policy changes, we will update the “Effective date” at the top of the page.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In certain areas of the Site, we may ask you to submit information that identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”) to us, and we may invite you to request information from us. In addition to any information that you may voluntarily provide, the Site may automatically collect information about you and your use of the Site.
Information We Automatically Collect
We automatically collect information about your interactions with our Site, including information about the device you use to access the Site.
- collect information about how visitors use the Site (for example, which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page);
- support the features and functionality of the Site (for example, to save a visitor the trouble of re-entering information already in our database or to prompt the settings they established on previous visits),
- personalize a visitor’s experience when they use the Site; and
- improve our marketing efforts, including targeted advertising.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. The information we collect using cookies and similar technologies may or may not be directly identifying of you, but we may link it to Personal Information that you provide. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit our Site, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of the Site if your browser rejects cookies.
Information from Your Computer or Mobile Device. When you access the Site through your computer or mobile device, we may automatically collect certain information from and/or about your device, such as IP address, access dates and times, information about your geographic location (approximately, as determined through your IP address, or precisely, using GPS or similar technology), hardware and software information, mobile and computer or hardware device information. This information allows us to understand how you’ve used the Site, and other actions you have taken in connection with your use of the Site. We automatically collect log data when you access and use the Site.
Information You Provide to Us
Account Registration Information. When you sign up for an account to use the Site and the related Services, you provide us with your basic contact information, including your name and email address. We use this information to communicate with you about your account and to send you messages about our Services.
E-Mail Content and Newsletters. You may choose to provide us with Personal Information in an email message to one of the addresses listed on our Site or by submitting your information in a support or contact section of the Site. We use this information to respond to your message, fulfill your order, or to register you for the Services, and we may use it to market or promote relevant services or products to you. If you sign up for an email newsletter, you have the option to unsubscribe at any time. Any information you choose to provide regarding special interests may be used for marketing and promotional purposes. By providing this information, you may receive occasional email messages from Kelasan or an affiliated organization.
Payment Information. You may provide payment information, including credit card or financial account information, to pay for our Services through the Site. This information is used only to fulfill the transactional purpose for which you submit it to us and may be processed by a third-party vendor on our behalf. We use a third-party payment processor to take payment for our Services.
Additional Sources of Information. You may provide additional information to us when you request information about our Services. We may receive this information from you through email, the Site, or over the phone. This information may be combined with other information received through the various channels through which you interact with us.
THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS TOOLS
Beyond the information you voluntarily provide to us directly, Kelasan utilizes analytics tools, including third-party technologies such as Google Analytics, to collect information and help us understand how visitors engage with our Site. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here. To learn more about how Google uses data collected through partner sites or applications, click here.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING TOOLS
Third parties may deliver cookies or other tracking technologies, including web beacons or tracking pixels) to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors across nonaffiliated websites, and to deliver targeted advertisements on other nonaffiliated websites. For example, we may use the Facebook Pixel to better understand who visits our website and to provide you relevant targeted advertisements on other websites.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide you the Services, enhance your experience on our Site, to improve our Services, and for marketing and promotional efforts. For more details about how we use information, please see below.
Use of Information You Provide to Us. Generally, we may use information you provide to us through the Site:
- to provide the information, content and Services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Site;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Site;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to improve our Services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- to engage vendors and/or business partners to assist with the above; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, click-through agreement, or other agreement between you and us.
- Please see “Your Choices” below for information about the choices you have about the ways we use the information we collect about you.
Use of Aggregated Information. We may use information gathered through the Site to create a compiled, aggregate view of the Site’s audiences and its visitors’ usage patterns. We use aggregated information to improve our content, operate our Services, deliver products, and to better understand our audience as we develop new products and services. We may also share aggregated information—which no longer identifies any individuals—with our third-party service providers as well as with potential advertisers, so they can better understand and/or market to our audience.
EMAIL CONSENT AND OPT-OUT
You may choose to opt out of receiving future commercial email messages from us. Each commercial email sent by us contains a link with instructions on how to remove yourself from our email list. Please note that you will need to opt-out separately from any third-party websites with which you have registered.
THIRD-PARTY DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Business Negotiations. We may contemplate, for strategic or other reasons, selling, buying, merging, or otherwise reorganizing our businesses. In negotiating with a third party about entering into such an arrangement, we may need to disclose your Personal Information. In such cases, we will take reasonable measures to protect the Personal Information we disclose, for example, by requiring a prospective partner or purchaser to sign a non-disclosure agreement limiting the use and protecting the confidentiality of the information.
Business Transfers. We may transfer the information you submit on or through the Site, including Personal Information, to a partner or buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, transfer of control, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Kelasan, a subsidiary, or an affiliated organization about our Site’s users is among the assets transferred.
Vendors. We may from time to time retain third-party vendors in order to help us manage the Site and allow us to better serve our visitors and customers. These may include third-party vendors we engage to analyze the information we collect for marketing or similar purposes.
We may also share information, including Personal Information, to third-party vendors to help us provide the Services. For example, we may use a cloud-service provider to host information we collect or other aspects of our Services. Such vendors have access to Personal Information for a similar purpose and for a similar period of time.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
In General. We respect your right to make choices about the ways your Personal Information is collected and used. For example, we will include instructions to unsubscribe from communications in each electronic newsletter or promotional email we send you.
Not to Share Information Through the Service. It may seem obvious, but we think it is helpful to remind users of our Site and Services that if you do not want certain information available to other users, do not post it on the Site or through the Services. Likewise, if you do not want us to know a piece of information about you, please do not share it with us.
Unsubscribe from Newsletters or Promotional Communications. We want to provide you information that is valuable to you. If at any time you wish to be taken off our mailing lists, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included in our communications to you or contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at the address listed below. Please provide your full name, postal address and email address so that we can find you on our mailing lists. Once we have the information we need, we will remove you from our mailing lists as you have requested. Please give us a reasonable amount of time to honor your request.
Opt-Out Links. We do not control how third parties use your information, but you can opt out of certain third-party activities at the links below.
To opt out of Google Analytics, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt out of certain ad functions, please visit: https://youradchoices.com/control.
Do Not Track Mechanisms. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of Do Not Track signals, we currently do not make any guarantee that we will honor Do Not Track signals.
Our Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. Children under 18 years old may not use the Site or access its content without the written permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child under the age of 18 has submitted information on or through one of our Sites without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us as indicated below.
Kelasan is located in the United States, therefore Personal Information we collect in other countries will be stored in the United States and will be subject to the laws of the United States. We may also transfer Personal Information to some of our service providers which may store Personal Information in jurisdictions other than where you reside. As a result, such Personal Information may be subject to the law of the United States or other jurisdictions, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the governmental authorities.
Note: The following section applies to residents of the European Economic Area only.
For the purposes of this section, personal information is equivalent to personal data, as it is defined in the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Notice to European Residents – EU Data Subject Rights
We comply with applicable data protection laws and value your right to privacy. In furtherance of our obligations to you that flow from our data collection practices, if you are resident in the European Economic Area you are entitled to the following rights:
● Right of access. You have the right to request copies of your personal information. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
● Right of rectification. You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
● Right to be forgotten. You have the right to request that we erase your personal information, under certain conditions.
● Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
● Right of portability. You have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
● Right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, such as direct marketing (to the extent applicable). We may use your email address to send you communication relating to our product offerings, including account verification, changes to our Services, and technical and security notices.
● Right to object to automated processing, including profiling. You have the right to not be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
You also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority as defined in the GDPR. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety or fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
You may access your Service account to access, correct or delete the information you provided to us and which is associated with your account. For instructions on accessing your information or otherwise for assistance with these rights please email us at email@example.com. In the event that we refuse a request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you make a request, we will respond within one month of receiving your request.
Notice to European Residents – Lawfulness of Processing
We collect, use, and otherwise process your personal information based on the following:
● Based on your consent. In some cases, at the point at which you provide personal information, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process your personal information. If you choose to provide us with your consent, you may later withdraw your consent (or opt-out) by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section above. Please note that if you withdraw your consent it will not affect any processing of personal information that has already occurred. Where we process your personal information based on consent, we may provide more detailed information to you at the time when we obtain your consent.
● Compliance with applicable laws or performance of a contract. In specific circumstances, we may need to process your personal information to comply with a relevant law/regulation or to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are subject. Where we process your personal information to meet our legal obligations, you will likely not be permitted to object to this processing activity, but you will usually have the right to access or review this information unless it would impede our legal obligations. Where we are processing your personal information to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are a party (e.g., to provide you with our products and services), you might not be able to object to this processing, or if you do choose to opt-out or object to our processing, it may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation that you are owed.
● Our legitimate interest. We may process your personal information based on our legitimate interests in communicating with you and managing our interactions with you regarding our products and services, scientific research, and educational opportunities. In addition to other rights you may have as described above, you have the right to object to such processing of your personal information. You can register your objection by contacting us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (877)244-9322, or at the following address:
10961 4th Street Address #191
Hanover, MN 55341